Our vision is to make St Matthew's a school that is at the heart of the community; where children and staff strive for excellence, enjoy success and are prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
- Learning Together
At St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School, British values are promoted in so much of what we do, not least through Collective Worship and our Religious Education, Citizenship and PSHE curriculum. Further information about how we promote the British Values can be found here
At St Matthew's we aim to:
- Develop and nurture happy and confident children who take ownership of their learning and are proud of their achievements.
- Create a learning environment which is welcoming, supportive and challenging, ensuring that every member of our school community is valued and motivated to succeed.
- To build and nurture close parental partnerships where parents are well informed and purposefully involved in their child's learning and in the life of the school.
- Provide relevant and exciting learning experiences which inspire and develop enthusiastic lifelong learners.
- Uphold the distinctive Christian ethos of our school whilst celebrating the diversity of our wider community.